How To Solve Common Ultrasonic Welding Problems?
There will be some common problems during the use of ultrasonic welding machines. Here we share the corresponding ultrasonic welding troubleshooting for ultrasonic welding machines with the pneumatics motion system.
1. Turn on the power switch of the ultrasonic welding machine, the power indicator light is off, and there is no action.
Reasons: A. The power cord is in poor contact with the power socket; B. The power fuse of the machine is burnt.
2. Turn on the power switch, and the power indicator light is on, but there is no action, press the ultrasonic test button, there is ultrasonic output.
Reasons: A. The five-core wire connecting the machine base and the frame is open; B. The machine program circuit board is faulty.
3. Turn on the power switch, and the power indicator light is on, but there is no action, press the ultrasonic test button, there is no ultrasonic output.
Reasons: A. Check whether the emergency stop switch of the machine is pressed; B. The 110V or 24V power supply of the power transformer is abnormal; C. The circuit board of the machine program is faulty.
4. The machine has action, but there is no ultrasonic output when pressing the ultrasonic test button and the work button.
Reasons: A. The 110V power supply of the power transformer is abnormal; B. The 110V power cord of the circuit board falls off.
5. Press the test button, the machine works fine, but pressing the work button the machine does not move.
Reasons: A. The working switch is damaged; B. The five-core wire connecting the machine base and the frame is open.
6. Press the ultrasonic test button, the indicated value of the power load meter is greater than 20% and cannot be adjusted down through the tuner.
Reasons: A. The transducer system is faulty; B. The power tube of the machine is burnt.
7. The welding effect of the weldment is not ideal, and you can hear the whistle when you press the ultrasonic test button.
Reason: There was a problem with the transducer system assembly.
8. During the working process, the welding head is down, but there is no ultrasonic output, and the welding head does not reset.
Reasons: A. The working air pressure adjustment of the machine is too small; B. The trigger preset button of the machine is damaged or improperly adjusted; C. The circuit board of the machine program board is faulty.
9. The current is too large and overloaded during welding
Reasons: A. The air pressure is too high; B. The welding sonotrode is too large and the impact current is large; C. The trigger pressure is high and the delay time is long; D. The booster ratio is too high.
10. The welding sonotrode rise or fall shock is too large.
Reasons: A. The buffer adjustment is not suitable; B. The buffer adjustment is locked; C. The setting of the descending speed is too high; D. The cylinder buffer is not good.
11. Air pressure, power supply, and welding head are normal but cannot start.
Reasons: A. Bad contact with the emergency button; B. Bad control circuit; C. Start button is broken; D. Solenoid valve is broken.
12. Ultrasonic welding is excessive.
Reasons: A. The size and appearance of the workpiece after over-melting are different; B. The appearance of the workpiece is damaged too much; C. The welding time is too long.